Subject: MapMotion !!!
From: Ace Miles <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 23:36:45 -0700

I just got back from a one day whirlwind NAB visit and I can't believe out
of the over 300 posts I've read (alot of reports from NAB included) no one
has mentioned...

MAP MOTION!!!

Jason was demoing this AMAZING 3rd party plugin. It is not a part of LW 5.0
and it is not shipping yet. In fact they weren't even spilling who is doing it.
BUT IT"S KILLER!!

Picture this:
You have a car with wheels. You tell this plugin the size of your wheels and
that they rotate 360 degrees. They are parented to the car. Move and
keyframe your car. The wheels move as they should. As the car starts to move
so do the wheels. When the car slows down so do the wheels. If it turns a
corner, the inside wheels spin less than the outer ones. Cool huh?
Wait...there's more...

Now apply this to a walk cycle. IOW you tell it how the leg should move and
then move the body. That's it, the legs do thier thing. 

What's that? Your character isn't a biped?... It's got more legs? 
NO PROBLEM!! They showed a demo of a bug with lots o'legs!!
Drag the bug around and the little bugger walks. This is the coolest thing
since ...MetaNURBS :)

-Ace

 Ace Miles * Senior Animator * Atari Games/Williams Entertainment
       [email-masked] (work)  or   [email-masked] (home)
     My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.
      Although legally they own everything I come up with.